Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm scared!!!

So the OP is like tomorrow!!! freaking right out.... was a bit of a restless sleep last night.... was doing ok then a story about the lap ban came on current affair with this dietitian talking about all the bad things about the band and that research has shown that people gain more weight in the end after having lost some with the band... I wonder wether I am doing the right thing or if I should just continue on my healthy eating path... I have been fat, big, pluss size forever it feels... I am tormented by my weight...

I am also scared about PBing... about if I can stick to healthy eating and all that.... I have never done dieting well... never... so why will I with a lapband?

all my fears have reared... I am not taking this decision lightly I have had 12mths to get to tomorrow... but still feel a little scared!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi there,

I couldn't help but read your fear freaking you out. I am a week post op and a week prior to my banding I posted a similar question on a WLS forum. I had been reading their posts and quite a lot had mentioned about gaining wieght. S I also needed to know was surgery worth it. But everyone who answered my question said that they have had no regret and would do it again in a flash. They also said that the band is a tool. The same way that a carpenter has his chisels, he is only as good when he works with them... they can't work by themselves. Our band is a tool, one that you have made a desicion to use. You can do it! You've already made that first step to a beautiful new you, keep going girl!

Dawn

BigGurlURBeautiful said...

thanks Dawn.... I am hopeful that I can do it.... :)

Dawn said...

Really sorry but have to say - There is no 'hopeful' in mine or your dictionary, you must now -
pick from the following:

I can do it

I will do it

and tomorrow I am doing it!

Take care

Dawn
:o)

oozyxena said...

It is soooooo normal to have these fear's, please read my blog and others before surgery I was sooooo frightened, but now it is done and not quite a week ago and I am so happy it is done, you have just got last minute nerves and mine were so bad I was even crying on the table before they put me under!.

Just remember this is what you have wanted for so long and you have thought it through so much, you are scared and not thinking right at the moment!!

I am sending you POSITIVE vibes!!

It will be great!!

I look forward to seeing your blog in a few days xxx

I will be thinking of you.

Zena xx