Sunday, September 7, 2008

a new beginning!!

29 year old Fatty.... been big all my life... I have only once gotten my weight down to 82 kg and was quite content at that... but as usual my weight fluctuated and after having my daughter 2 years ago I have since balloned from 90kg to 120kg....My desire to be thin is strong... I am being banned in November on the 13th... I have waited 1 year to have the op... signed up for private health cover 1omths ago so that I could have this surgery... I know of 2 friends from work who've had the surgery with success...Interestingly enough I have googled and searched the net thoroughly over the last 12mths and found that there were very little actual personal stories about the journey to being banned... and life afterwards... that is until I stumbled across a blog by Lap Ban Girl... I read her blog from beginning to end and she inspired me greatly to begin my own blog... Since reading LBGs page I found many others and found the stories so interesting and that I could relate to so much... not only have I been inspired by the personal blogs but they have taken away alot of my fears about the surgery... and hopefully my journey to banding will inspire others too...I wanted to set this blog up to document for myself the journey to and after the ban and so that I have a little something to remind me of my achievements...please stick with me... there are 2 months till my op date... till then I'll be reading up on others blogs and hopefully soaking up as much info from others that I can...am particularly keen to know about excess skin...anyhoo... Its sunday... having a lite bbq this afternoon for fathers day... While I am not trying to stuff myself silly prior to the OP I hope to enjoy a good piece of steak...xo

0 comments: